Black & White Traditional Darkroom Rental
There are three private darkrooms, a twelve station group darkroom, and one mural printing room. Enlargers can accommodate 35mm-8×10” film formats. Just bring in your negatives and paper—we’ll provide darkroom setup, chemistry, filters, grain focusers, contact glass, dodge and burn tools. We also have drying screens and a dryer for RC prints up to 11×14”.
Call to Reserve a Darkroom: (415) 495-3773
• 1 hour minimum
• 11×14” max print size
• 1 enlarger in 12 station room
• Shared room & shared chemistry
• 35mm–4×5” film formats supported
• $17.50/hr (Add’l 25% charge for 2nd person)
• 2-hour minimum
• Up to 20×24” tray processing
• Choice of Multi-Grade Diffusion or Condenser Enlarger
• Private room & chemistry
• 35mm - 8x10” film formats supported
- 2-hour minimum
- $50/1st hr
- $17.50/Add’l hours (25% more for 2nd person)
- $60/hr (1st time mandatory orientation billed in 15 min. increments)
- Private room & private chemistry–3 gal (included)
- $20/Add’l developer or fix (3-gallons each)
- 35mm-8×10” film formats
- 24-hour notice required for reservations
- Choose between two Durst Laborator 184 Condenser Enlargers, one set horizontally for making mural prints up to 50" wide or one set vertically for cut sheet printing up to 20x24.
$200 DISCOUNT PLAN
Put down $200 as a credit with us and receive 20% off all of your hourly rentals. Credit can be used to purchase anything from RayKo, but is non-transferable and non-refundable.
DARKROOM MONTHLY PASS: $145/MONTH
30 consecutive days of unlimited access to all group darkrooms (B&W and Color), and B&W film processing for 35mm & 120mm, matting equipment, and heat presses. You receive a 50% discount on the Private & Mural darkrooms, and BW sheet film processing room (not including the first hour of Mural darkroom).
20% STUDENT DISCOUNT
Full-time students receive 20% off all hourly rates. Must show proof of full-time enrollment by bringing in a current class schedule and student ID.
RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICIES
24-hour notice is required for all cancellations. If less than 24-hour notice is given, customers will be charged for time reserved including no shows, late arrivals or early checkouts. Click to view full policies.