RayKo's Gallery Director, Ann Jastrab, is part of the jury for this upcoming competition. The deadline for entering is January 31, 2016.
CALL FOR ARTISTS:
APPLY FOR the 2016 RAYKO artist RESIDENCIES
Apply for the Artist-in-Residence program at RayKo Photo Center! Selected artists will receive unlimited access to RayKo’s facilities for a six-month time period as well as free workshops. Residents will receive significant discounts on other services at RayKo plus generous staff support. Applications are open to all artists working in photography. The submission deadline for the 2016 residencies is November 15, 2015. There is a non-refundable fee of $30 to apply. Finalists will be notified by December 1, 2015 and interviews will be scheduled during the first weeks of December 2015.
How to Apply:
A comprehensive description of the project including an estimated timeframe of completion, workshops of interest, goal of final works that will be produced, and a breakdown of which components and areas of RayKo to be used must be included. Biographies, resumes and artist statements must be submitted for each artist, for individual or group applications. If the project has not already begun, please submit sample pieces, even if they are on a small scale, as part of your image submissions.
Quick checklist for program application:
* Letter of Intent (Description of Project), specify preferred start date (January or June)
* RayKo facilities to be used for project
* Artist Statement
* Any additional documents including relevant press/publications or letters of recommendation.
* Submit printed copies of the materials above, with artist name on each page
* $30 application & administration fee | Payable to: RayKo Photo Center
* Digital files: Submit 10-20 images saved as .jpg, 72dpi, and sized to 1200 pixels on the longest dimension. Files should not be larger than 2MB.
* Prints: up to 11x14” size | up to 20 individual prints
* Include annotated list of: Image title, size of original piece, year of completion, and medium