Apply for the Artist-in-Residence program at RayKo Photo Center! Our residence Program was developed to continue our support and education of fine art photographers. Selected artists will receive unlimited access to RayKo’s facilities for a six-month time period. Residents will receive significant discounts on other services at RayKo plus free workshops, tutorials, and generous staff support. Each artist's residency will culminate in an exhibition in the RayKo Gallery. Up to three final prints from each artist will be selected for donation to RayKo's print collection. Applications are open to all artists working in photography. The submission deadline for the 2015 residencies is November 15, 2014. There is a non-refundable administration fee of $30 to apply. Finalists will be notified by December 1, 2014 and interviews will be scheduled during the first weeks of December 2014.
How to Apply:
A comprehensive description of the project including an estimated timeframe of completion, workshops of interest, goal of final works that will be produced, and a breakdown of which components and areas of RayKo to be used must be included. Biographies, resumes and artist statements must be submitted for each artist, for individual or group applications. If the project has not already begun, please submit sample pieces, even if they are on a small scale, as part of your image submissions.
Quick checklist for program application:
* Letter of Intent (Description of Project), specify preferred start date (January or June)
* RayKo facilities to be used for project
* Artist Statement
* Any additional documents including relevant press/publications or letters of recommendation.
* Submit printed copies of the materials above, with artist name on each page
* $30 application & administration fee | Payable to: RayKo Photo Center
* Digital files: Submit 10-20 images saved as .jpg, 72dpi, and sized to 1200 pixels on the longest dimension. Files should not be larger than 2MB.
* Prints: up to 11x14” size | up to 20 individual prints
* Include annotated list of: Image title, size of original piece, year of completion, and medium
Send or drop off materials (include SASE for return of materials):
RayKo Photo Center
c/o Artist-in-Residence Program
428 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94107