Digital Inkjet Paper Guide
The choice of paper you chose can enhance the viewing pleasure and/or effect viewer perception of your subject matter. Most photographers have their favorite go to papers due to the nuance way the paper speaks about their image in presentation. Most of our customers choose Epson Ultra Premium Luster for its stable color gamut and reliable color gamut reproduction, however, we are more than happy to talk to you about the differences of each paper when you visit us.
Epson Ultra Premium Luster
260 gsm · cold tone · bright white · semi-gloss
Wedding, portrait and school photographers have traditionally used luster paper for their photos. Now Epson offers this popular surface paper, Premium Luster Photo Paper, to digital printmakers. This instant drying paper produces vivid, lifelike images that rival those of traditional silver halide prints. Premium Luster Photo Paper delivers highly saturated prints by offering maximum ink coverage and a high D-Max for true photographic reproductions. Its 10-mil RC base gives prints a photographic feel, and keeps the paper cockle-free. Ideal for use with all Epson Inks.
- Highest color gamut available for vivid color reproduction
- RC paper base for actual photo prints
- Luster E surface finish
- Enhanced 2880 dpi printing for the highest quality output
- Dries instantly for easy handling with Epson inks
- Compatible with Dye, EPSON Archival™ and UltraChrome™ ink
- 10 mil thickness for a durable photographic feel
Epson Enhanced Matte
192 gsm · white · matte
For photographers seeking a flat matte surface, EPSON Enhanced Matte Paper is the ideal choice. This bright white paper is perfect for images that do not require gloss. It yields highly saturated images, while maintaining excellent highlight and shadow detail. Designed primarily for use with UltraChrome™ Inks, EPSON Archival™ Inks, and DuraBrite™ Inks, this versatile paper can also be used with dye-based inks. Hobbyists, professional photographers and digital artists alike will find EPSON Enhanced Matte Paper a remarkable solution for any project.
- Flat matte surface provides the optimum photographic platform
- Instant drying capability with EPSON Professional Inks allows for easy handling
- High color gamut yields remarkable color reproduction
- 1440 dpi printer compatibility ensures high resolution output
- Heavyweight stock delivers true photographic feel (for roll paper printing)
- Bright white base accentuates highlights
Epson Premium Photo Glossy
251 gsm · bright white · gloss
Premium Photo Paper Glossy has a high gloss finish that is perfect for printing your favorite cherished photos and enlargements for use with glass frames and photo albums. This paper is smudge and water-resistant with a smooth, bright white, resin coated stock.
- High-gloss, bright white, resin coated photo paper
- Print high quality photos for glass frames and photo albums
- Smudge and water-resistant quick dry surface
- Look and feel of traditional photographs
- Also available in professional wide format roll sizes
- Long lasting prints — preserve your treasured memories Learn More
- Available in a variety of sizes — find the perfect paper for your project Learn More
- Backed by Epson's Satisfaction Guarantee Learn More
Textured & Fine Art
Photo Rag® Bright White
310 gsm · 100% Cotton · bright white · matte
Photo Rag Bright White is the first choice for all users who prefer an especially bright white cotton paper. Photo Rag Bright White is ideal for reproducing high contrast images.
308 gsm 100% Cotton · semi white (light warm tone) · matte
Photo Rag is the most popular paper chosen by photographers to create high quality fine art prints. The fine, smooth surface and feel of Photo Rag make this paper very versatile and it is ideal for printing both black and white and colour photographs and art reproductions with impressive pictorial depth.
The Canvas assortment for FineArt inkjet printing offers a wide choice of canvas made from cotton or poly-cotton. With its selection of colours and structures the assortment enables every artwork to have a unique character.
HEAVY WEIGHT AND CUSTOM PAPERS
Fine Art Pearl
285 gsm · 100% α-Cellulose · bright white · pearl-finish
The bright white of FineArt Pearl enables impressive contrasts and pictorial depth in black and white or colour photography. The special coating provides a pearl-finish.
325 gsm · 100% α-Cellulose · bright white · high-gloss
FineArt Baryta is a paper that sets the benchmark for high colour depth, large colour gamut and image definition. This paper gives the "wow" factor particularly to black and white prints with extremely high density and finest grey tones. Using barium sulphate in the premium inkjet coating ensures the typical gloss that makes this paper a genuine replacement for traditional Baryta papers from analogue laboratories.
plastic & ceramic · high-gloss
Semi Clear plastic paper that is the perfect choice for alternative process negative making.