Workshop Proposal Guidelines
RayKo Photo Center offers some of the most diverse and accessible photographic workshops in Northern California, with courses ranging from traditional darkroom printing to historic processes. Our student body is comprised of seasoned artists yearning to learn new techniques, commercial photographers seeking to hone their skills, to beginners just starting out. The students run a wide gamut of experience levels and interest. Course planning begins 5-months prior to the start of the semester, which begin in Jan, June, and September.
An average courses can be a single day intensive workshops to five sessions, with meetings once a week. Please review our current course offerings to help you outline an appropriate time-frame for your course proposal. We are open to longer courses or different permutations, if it’s a good fit. Base hourly pay is $25/per in class teaching hour, and is flexible based on instructor experience, student evaluations, and length of time taught at RayKo. Our Workshop Coordinator will contact you if your proposal is being considered for the upcoming semester. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL CRITERIA
• Workshop content must be 75% different than any other course that is currently offered
• Class description and syllabus with a general outline of what will be covered in class.
• Lab materials, computer programs needed, pre-reqs, and any supplemental resources that either RayKo or the students must provide. It would be helpful to have a per student cost estimate for these materials.
• Specific facility space requests for the course: B&W group darkroom for 5-weeks | Studio space for group critique
• 3 professional references
• Cover Letter and resume (maximum 1-page each)
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Please utilize our website for a comprehensive list of facility resources: darkrooms, digital lab facilities, studio, community space, etc.
workshops (at) raykophoto (dot) com